I've been trying to find a recipe that is easy for everyone to make and not needing a bunch of different ingredients. Personally, I get tired of having to buy a lot of ingredients to make one salad to fill me up. This sun-dried tomato kale quinoa bowl is perfect for what I was trying to accomplish. You only need five ingredients! Really! This bowl is packed with the right nutrients with protein, fiber, and vitamins and it's gluten free and vegan.
Sun-Dried Tomato Kale Bowl
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 3 ounces of sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: sliced almonds or nutritional yeast
- In a small pot cook quinoa with 2 cups of water on medium-low heat. Once finished put aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add kale and toss. Add 1/3 cup water and cover, steaming for about 5 minutes. Uncover toss and reduce heat to low. Let cook for another 10-15 minutes, until kale is tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add quinoa and sun-dried tomatoes to sauce pan, toss and combine.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil to coat. And put any additional toppings to serve.