A few days ago I had a friend ask me about what the products I've been using my skin care. And I'm glad she asked me about it because I thought I should share it with all of you. I do switch products a bit more right now mainly because I want to test new beauty products and see what works best for me during different seasons. I live in a really cold climate during winter and it's really harsh on my face. Thanks, Syracuse! So you'll see me wearing more clarifying masks to help with breakouts and dryness. I've also been stressed way more the last few months because we are renovating our house and there's always something that goes wrong on prolongs the move in date. Okay, Let's get into the routine!!!
1. Cleanser: I've been using the Acure Seriously Soothing Cleansing Cream (here). I really like how gentle it is on my skin and it removes makeup really well. One of my favorite cleansers is this one from Osea Malibu. The smell of this makes me feel like I'm at the beach again. And it comes in a 5-ounce bottle so your money goes a long way.
3. Eye Cream: Yes!!!! This is a must for me! All my mamas out there know we need any help we can to make us more awake. I use the 100 Percent Pure Acai Eye Cream. I did a post about this already so check it out here!
4. Oil: I don't know why but this is my favorite step! Maybe it's the smell when I put a few drops of oil into my palms. Or when I rub the oil onto my face and feel how my skin starts to become smooth. When I do this step I give my face a little massage. I've been using my African Botanics Pure Marula Oil (here) for the last four months and I love this stuff. Oils can get expensive but they go a long way and I think they are so essential to keeping the skin dewy and hydrated.
5. Optional Moisturizer: I find this step to change depending on how my skin is when I wake up. If I don't feel like using a moisturizer on top of everything else I won't. And when I don't use one it's because I'm going to do my makeup in the next 20 minutes. Using green makeup products you'll find enough ingredients to keep your skin hydrated. On the days I do I use one this Green Tea Moisturizer from 100 Percent Pure is great!
1. Facial Wipes: If I'm wearing makeup these Kaia Naturals Cleansing Cloths will be the first thing I grab.
2. Cleansers: I usually grab the same one from the morning!
3. Toner: Same ones from the morning. This part of my routine is super important because the toner gets any leftover makeup or dirt off the face that didn't come off with the cleanser.
4. Eye Cream: Yep! I use that Acai Eye Cream. I like to apply a little more at night to really keep that under eye area nourished.
5. Oil: Pure Marula Oil all the way! I add a little extra on the neck as well.
6. Moisturizer: I think this last step can play a big part of what your skin looks like in the morning. I would suggest finding a nighttime moisturizer that really hydrated and evens out your skin. You'll end up spending money on it but I've noticed it makes a huge difference when I use one. Here are a few I like from 100 Percent Pure, Osea Malibu, & Good Medicine Beauty Lab.
Hope you find this helpful and feel free to leave a comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org xoxo