EAIS International School believes in the importance of assessment as an important component for gathering information and following up our students’ progress to improve their learning.
An Effective and well-organized assessment provides data for both educators and learners to improve teaching and learning. For this reason, Assessment at EAIS is of two types:
- Formative assessment: assessment for learning
- Summative assessment: assessment of learning
A. Formative assessment
Formative assessment involves the use of various techniques that help promote student achievement. Generally, it is a performance-based assessment.
Students will learn and educators will learn more about their students’ achievement through tools that include but are not limited to:
- Every teacher should keep a performance-based record that tracks each student’s achievement.
- Formative assessment and the effective implementation of performance-based assessment are linked to teachers’ observation reports as a measurement of students’ learning.
- Diagnostic tests are conducted at the beginning of the school year along with a learning style test to guide all teaching and learning procedures. Digital assessment tools are also conducted and analyzed to shape teaching/ learning activities and strategic planning.
B. Summative assessment
Summative assessment is the assessment of learning. That is, it measures what a student has learnt.
In EAIS, we follow the MOE regulations for the final exams.
Results are shared with parents/ guardians on quarterly basis.